How to Cook a Delicious Vegan Turkey Roast
Thankfulness is in the air! With the holiday season upon us, we want to share a great vegan turkey roast recipe from one of our favorite online food bloggers, Nora Cooks. This is a wonderful replacement to the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving (especially if you’re celebrating National Vegan Month as well!)
Vegan Turkey Roast Recipe Ingredients
- Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Vegetable broth or no-chicken broth (the no-chicken Better than Bouillon is a great choice with tons of flavor!)
- Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- Dried sage and thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Vital Wheat Gluten (cannot be substituted)
- Vegan butter
- Add the chickpeas, broth, olive oil, nutritional yeast, soy sauce and herbs into a blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the vital wheat gluten.
- Start to mix with a spoon, then use your hands and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle a little vital wheat gluten on a clean counter, add the mixture and knead about 10 times. Shape it into a loaf. It will be quite small, but expands while it cooks.
This vegan spin on a traditional turkey will leave you feeling stuffed! But what’s a turkey without delicious veggie sides? Check out our list of the top seven vegan side dishes to bring to Thanksgiving this year.
To ensure you have all of your fresh produce on hand so you can get cooking this holiday season! Browse our selection of farm-fresh, organic, locally grown vegetables. Hand delivered right to your door! Place your order today.